Here’s to you, our coastal friends. We’re happy to wake up each day knowing we’re a part of this amazing community. Want to be a part of our team? We are hiring for a number of positions. If you think you’d be a good addition to the Pelican family, apply online or in person. We look forward to meeting you.
We are hiring an experienced Baker who is passionate about delighting guests with an exceptional food experience. People travel from all parts of the Pacific Northwest to make memories at beautiful Pacific City. That’s were you come in. Have you ever picnicked on the beach with family and friends? How about wake up in the morning and walk to the bakery for scones and coffee? Food brings family and friends together. You’ll play an important role in making memories.
What you get to do:
• Work in a new, well-appointed bakery with a view of the ocean.
• Bake a full menu of delicious sweet and savory foods.
• Continue to learn by trying new recipes and attending classes and industry events.
• Ensure that guests have an exceptional experience. Share your passion! Talk with guests about what you are baking and the ingredients used.
• Flash a smile when they walk through the door. Let them watch while you knead dough.
• Foster a fun and productive work environment for all employees to enjoy.
• Work hard. Then play hard. Stand Up Paddleboard, Surf, hike up Cape Kiwanda, enjoy a fire on the beach. Join co-workers for before and after work fun. Karaoke at The Pelican anyone?
Join our Family of Companies to include award winning Pelican Brewing, Inn at Cape Kiwanda, and newly opened Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa.
What Matters Most:
• 6+ years of experience in the hospitality or food and beverage industry preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks required
• Experience with financial reporting, consolidated financials, general ledger, budgets, and financial statement analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Your New Role:
No job is too big or small in this versatile Controller role where you’ll combine your strengths in management and expertise in accounting to help our multifaceted organization find continued success and growth. In this critical role, you’ll manage a team of accountants, compile monthly financial reports, assist with annual budgets, prepare tax reports, and perform internal audits while working with external auditors. We are seeking a strong communicator who can bridge the gap between the financials and operations while influencing and promoting communication and collaboration across departments. You’ll review all accounting projects and set a great example for your team by taking initiative and providing constructive feedback if needed. You’re the point person for any financial questions from ownership and you’ll work closely with the CFO on strategic initiatives to showcase the company’s present and prospective financial position.
It’s an exciting time to join our team as we continue to grow and thrive.
Culinary Team – Line Cooks
Our culinary team plays a critical role in maintaining and enhancing guest satisfaction at our growing company. We are looking for experienced Line Cooks to join our teams in Pacific City, Tillamook, or Cannon Beach.
What you get to do:
• Maintaining the highest standards of food preparation and recipe execution.
• Show off your passion and knowledge about pairing great food and great beer together.
• Work well under pressure in a fun and fast paced, high-volume kitchen.
• Demonstrate teamwork, professionalism, and strong work ethic.
• Continue your professional growth by attending events and seminars to learn industry best practices.
Experience and strengths you will leverage:
• Passion for hospitality and providing a memorable experience
• Strong work ethic and dependability
• Culinary degree and related certifications and/or Line Cook experience
• Advanced level problem solving and communication skills
• Familiarity with industry best practices
• This is a full-time position eligible for benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401K. And let’s not forget about the benefit of joining a company that has terrific people and is growing in leaps and bounds!
Join the Pelican Pub dining team! We are hiring for all dining positions at our Pacific City, Cannon Beach, and Tillamook locations.
Dining Team: Waiter – Bartender – Busser – Host
What you get to do:
Our Dining Team works collaboratively to deliver an exceptional dining experience. Be empowered and have fun!
• Leverage your knowledge and passion for our location, menu of great food, and craft beer.- Work collaboratively to ensure every guest interaction delivers our brand promise.
• Put Pelican in the spotlight by staying on top of trends and identifying opportunities to differentiate our services.
• Set and achieve guest satisfaction ratings. Ask guests how we are doing and take action.
• Build guest loyalty. Actively connect with guests to create positive experiences. Demonstrate reliable and responsive service to include quickly solving concerns.
• Be a life-long learner; Whether learning a new skill, taking a class, or exploring the area to share your experience, you will have the opportunity to continue to develop and grow.
We offer flexible schedules. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Full-time, year-round positions are eligible for benefits to include paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401(k).
We are hiring servers, bartenders, bussers, and hosts. Our Dining Team works collaboratively to deliver an exceptional dining experience. Be empowered and have fun!
Our Recruiter plays a critical role in ensuring we are a magnet for top talent and live our value of ‘Hire the Best’. In this role you will partner with hiring teams to deliver all facets of recruiting success throughout our Family of Companies to include Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa, Inn at Cape Kiwanda, and the award-winning Pelican Brewing Company.
Headlands Coastal Lodge & Spa
Your Little Beach Town
Pelican Brewing Company
Pacific City is off the beaten path on a relatively undiscovered stretch of the majestic Oregon Coast. Cape Kiwanda, in Pacific City, enjoys a storied connection to the ocean, local rivers, beachfront and majestic outdoor playground. Surfing, kayaking, hiking, photography, beach-combing, and fishing are just some of the outdoor activities enjoyed in this beautiful beach town.
What you get to do:
• Deliver an exceptional experience for candidates expressing interest in joining our team.
• Have fun designing new, creative recruiting ideas and demonstrate your expertise at both traditional and modern sourcing strategies. Our recruiting plans focus on both local and national talent markets.
• Research and develop strategy to improve recruitment of passive candidates.
• Participate in regularly connecting with qualified candidates in preparation for future employment opportunities.
• Build positive relationships with schools, lead fun and productive job fairs, and enjoy networking at craft beer, culinary, and lodging industry events.
• You appreciate that data tells a story; Analyze data on the Recruiting Matrix report and publish those results. Partner with hiring managers to set continuous improvement goals.
• Our business is growing! Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for approximately 50 key positions annually. Assist in hiring talent for approximately 300 summer seasonal positions.
• Hire and coordinate the process for J1 students, culinary externs, and traveling hospitality specialists.
• Shepherd candidates and hiring managers through the new hire process. Mind the details and ensure all required forms are accounted for.
• Assist payroll in maintaining accurate records in payroll system.
• Assist HR Director with benefits administration program.
• Enjoy being a part of the following project initiatives:
• Design and implement ATS
• Training managers and supervisors on ‘selection science’
• Update websites and social media
• Establish a recognizable employer of choice reputation
What matters most:
• Hospitality and craft brewing recruiting experience
• Expert level skills and knowledge of applicant tracking software systems
• Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to onboarding
• We offer a flexible schedule. Must be available to:
• Regularly travel to Pacific City, Cannon Beach, and Tillamook
• Work career fairs on weekends and evenings
• Attend college visits, community events, and industry events
• Professional human resources certifications and advanced college experience a plus
This is a full-time, year-round position eligible for benefits. Flexible schedule. Benefits include paid vacation, 401K retirement savings plan, medical, dental, vision, accident insurance, paid time off, company discount card, and more. And let’s not forget about the amazing outdoor adventures that the Central Oregon Coast has to offer!
Restaurant Assistant Manager
Pelican Brewing Company is among the Northwest’s most award winning and fastest growing craft beer brands. Due to continued growth, we are seeking an Assistant Manager for Pelican Tap Room in Tillamook, Oregon.
What you get to do
The Assistant Manager joins our leadership team in leading the vision and ensuring that the company core values are implemented throughout all operations. Joining hands to move the Company forward is what we are all about.
• In partnership with the General Manager, oversee all aspects of the restaurant
• Motivate the team and consistently deliver an exceptional guest experience
• Be creative and entrepreneurial and have a willingness to adapt to new conditions or initiatives.- Instill passion for excellence in your team.
• Create written SOPs to ensure consistency with quality and service in all facilities.
• Develop an exemplary service culture that creates memorable experiences for guests and owners
• Work independently with little supervision while communicating progress and asking for help when necessary
• Be a leader that others desire to follow
• Recruit, train, and retain the best employees
• Build relationships with sister properties and other local businesses
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and accident insurance, 401K retirement savings plan with match, paid vacation and time off, a beautiful place to work with amazing people!