CITY OF ASTORIA
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The City of Astoria Historic Landmarks Commission will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 5:15 p.m., in the City Hall Council Chambers, 1095 Duane Street, Astoria. The purpose of the hearing is to consider the following request(s):
1. Demolition Request (DM18-01) by Tim Janchar to demolish an existing garage at 1440 Irving Avenue (Map T8N R9W Section 8CD, Tax Lot 12100; Lot 9 and north 50′ Lots 7 & 8, Block 20, Shively) in the R-3 Zone (High Density Residential). The structure is designated as historic in the Shively-McClure National Register Historic District and is associated with the single-family dwelling at 828 14th Street.
2. New Construction Request (NC18-04) by Tim Janchar to construct an accessory structure at 1440 Irving Avenue associated with an existing single-family dwelling at 828 14th Street (Map T8N R9W Section 8CD, Tax Lot 12100; Lot 9 and north 50′ Lots 7 & 8, Block 20, Shively) in the R-3 Zone (High Density Residential). The site is adjacent to structures designated as historic in the Shively-McClure National Register Historic District.
3. Historic Designation Request (HD18-01) by Joan Herman and John Gaasland to designate a single-family dwelling as historic with the building condition/configuration as proposed in the application plans at 996 12th Street (Map T8N-R9W Section 17BA, Tax Lot 1100; south 50′ Lots 7 & 8, Block 115, McClure) in the R-1 Zone (Low Density Residential). The building may also then be considered as Eligible Contributing within the Shively-McClure National Register Historic District.
4. New Construction (NC18-03) by Zoee Fenton to construct a single family dwelling adjacent to historic structures at 2609 Irving Ave (Map T8N-R9W Section 9CC, Tax Lot(s) 8000; Lot(s) N 70′ of Lot 6, Shively) in the R-2 (Medium Density Residential) Zone.
5. Exterior Alteration (EX18-11) by Sarah Jane Bardy to convert and expand an existing garage into an Accessory Dwelling Unit at 1659 Irving (Map T8N R9W Section 8DC, Tax Lot 11200; Lot 3, Block 53, Shively’s) in the R-1 (Low Density Residential) Zone.
For information, call or write the Community Development Department, 1095 Duane St., Astoria OR 97103, phone 503-338-5183. The location of the hearing is accessible to the disabled. An interpreter for the hearing impaired may be requested under the terms of ORS 192.630 by contacting the Community Development Department at 503-338-5183 48 hours before the meeting. The Historic Landmarks Commission reserves the right to modify the proposal or to continue the hearing to another date and time. If the hearing is continued, no further public notice will be provided.
THE CITY OF ASTORIA
Tiffany Taylor, Administrative Assistant
PUBLISHED: September 11, 2018